Why you do not use ACE?
ACE unnecessarily slows down response times and actions. Since we do not play with a scripted Vanilla AI and our AI also takes the „lead“ in battles quick reactions are required.
Why you do not use TFAR or ACRE?
This question must be answered in different stages.
- For historical reasons. The Vietnam War took place between 1965 and 1975. At that time NO soldier had any „headsets“ or other frippery. Each platoon or squad had a single radio operator, the RTO.
- We do not operate a private server, but a public server. Neither us, nor any player on our server wants to be forced to join our Teamspeak.
- Our players come from all corners of the world. So we would have to define a common language. This could only be English when considered.
I think that with these 3 points is clear why a „radio app“ is completely pointless and historically not correct. It would be even more realistic to use the „direct channel“ from Arma here.
Why do you have to earn and buy your own equipment?
Again, our experience has shown that this is the only viable way. The majority of the Arma players would otherwise behave the following way:
„Mark the heli, I’m a pilot! Trust me!“ 30 seconds later the helicopter strikes hard and explodes. All inmates are dead. The pilot still let know that he has to leave …. and logs out. That’s it then.
In other words, as my grandfather said, „Only what you deserve for yourself, you appreciate!“
And that’s how we see it. You may like us to show off your piloting skills. With a helicopter you have worked hard for yourself. Then we live longer too.
Why is there so little discipline with you?
That’s just deceptive. Only our outward appearance may look that way.
Our leaders do not have to distinguish themselves as such. They have already proven what they can do and that everybody can count on them.
Incidentally, this style comes very close to the actual conditions of this time. In the jungle, it was the seasoned SGT who actually led a squad, rather than the 1stLTs fresh from the academies. The time a soldier has already survived told more about his abilities than his rank.
Why can I not join you as a pilot?
Basically quite simply explained:
Our group plays almost every evening between 19 and 22 o’clock (German Time). That’s like 2 to 3 hours, that should be set up for most.
You do not have to be there every night, but 3 to 4 evenings a week would be good.
Only then you have a chance to become a pilot. It makes no sense to constantly instruct other people.
The same applies of course to executives.
But why we do not take anyone directly into such a position?
Because we first want to see how you get involved. A heavy duty pilot who stops by every 14 days is not helpful!
Neither is an officer who is on duty every second week once.
It’s like in real life. If you get more involved, you will achieve more.
Warum verwendet ihr kein ACE?
ACE verlangsamt unnötig Reaktionszeiten und Aktionen. Da wir nicht mit einer gescripteten Vanilla AI spielen und unsere AI auch die „Führung“ bei Gefechten übernimmt sind schnelle Reaktionen erforderlich.
Warum verwendet ihr kein TFAR oder ACRE?
Diese Frage muß in verschiedenen Stufen beantwortet werden.
- Aus historischen Gründen. Der Vietnamkrieg fand zwischen 1965 und 1975 statt. Damals hatte KEIN Soldat irgendwelche „Headsets“ oder sonstigen Firlefanz. Jedes Platoon oder Squad hatte einen einzigen Funker, den RTO.
- Wir betreiben keinen privaten Server, sondern einen öffentlichen Server. Weder wir, noch jeder Spieler auf unserem Server möchte gezwungen werden auf unseren Teamspeak zu joinen.
- Unsere Spieler kommen aus allen Ecken der Welt. Somit müßten wir eine gemeinsame Sprache festlegen. Diese könnte nüchtern betrachtet nur Englisch sein.